Essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer
I am guilty of not using concealer on a regular basis. It’s not that I don’t need it (I Do). I am just at home with the majority of my flaws; and I am not really prone to having dark circles under my eyes. However, cream concealers can definitely give our eye area a brightening boost even if we don’t have dark circles. Who doesn’t want to look their best? Since I’m a sucker for cute packaging and I love Essence Cosmetics, I thought I would give this concealer a try.
This compact cream concealer duo comes in only one shade, “Medium Beige/Light”. I was skeptical that I would fit into this color scheme, but I am happy to announce that when I applied the “medium beige” (the slightly darker of the two colors), it instantly blended and brightened my under eye area. It did not give me “reverse raccoon” eyes.
The texture of this concealer surprised me. At first glance I assumed it was a soft creamy format that would cause me to hit pan within a relatively short time. However, when I first touched it with my fingers to swatch it, it felt hard and dry. This is actually a good thing. Why? You won’t accidentally scoop out more than intended and waste the product. This also prevents (or deters) you from “caking” it on.
Essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer Swatches. From left to right: Medium Beige, Light, Both Mixed Together
The result? I warmed up the surface of the product using my ring finger in a circular motion and then tapped it onto my under eye area. It has a lovely matte finish. Under my right eye, I applied just the concealer. Under my left eye, I set the concealer with a translucent powder. Two hours later when I checked my makeup in the mirror in my home (I didn’t go out like this!), I saw that the concealer that I had not set with powder only creased slightly. The concealer under my left eye that I had set with powder had not creased at all.
I like this concealer. Hopefully in the future they will come out with shades that will work for deeper skintones. My best advice when using this, since the Essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer does have a matte texture, make sure to use a good eye cream before applying it to prevent it from settling into any fine lines or wrinkles under the eyes.
Essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer is a great addition to their new Spring 2013 collection. If you are a concealer fiend, this little duo is definitely worth adding to your collection.
Essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer retails for $3.49 and is available at HEB, Fred Meyer, Ulta and Ulta.com.
Have you tried this product? What was your experience? I would love to hear from you! Please comment and subscribe!
Eat healthy. Drink water, and get lots of sleep.
Heather N King
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST. Essence Match 2 Cover! Cream Concealer HAS BEEN PURCHASED USING MY OWN FUNDS.
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm
I have naturally dry lips with a recurring dry patch that I love to pick at. TMI (too much information)! I know, but my point is that I am always on the lookout for new moisturizing and softening lipcare – especially if it is affordable. Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm fits the bill.
Essence Cosmetics is a European company with products that still have a rather limited distribution in the United States. When I heard about the recent launch of their Spring 2013 line with new permanent products, I knew that I would be hauling quite a few of those items. So yes, there will be many upcoming posts about products from Essence, but I will make sure to space them out and review other brands as well so that you don’t get Essenced to death. I; however, cannot get enough of this brand.
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm comes in four colors. Although the packaging is very colorful (and cute), being that these are lip balms they only offer the very slightest, tiniest hint of color. Beyond sheer. This is also how I would describe the flavoring of these lip products. I notice only a hint of sweetness if I lick my lips after applying one of these. This is good news since I am notorious for eating off almost every lip product that I wear. I only have will power if it’s a matte red shade. All other lip colors/balms/glosses shall be devoured.
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm in “Fruit Crush 01″
The scent of the Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalms is super sweet, yet not overwhelming. Once I apply any of them to my lips the scent lingers in a subtle and non-offensive way.
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm in “Purple Berries 02″
So they are affordable ($1.99), look nice, smell nice and taste nice, but are they moisturizing? YES! The texture of these European lip balms is lightweight and non-greasy. If you’re the kind who likes to apply a ton of lip balm, then this will definitely be up your alley. After applying 3 layers each on my upper and lower lips (standard procedure for me), I’m happy to report that my lips are not sticking together when I speak. That just put a funny image in my head…
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm in “Fruitylicious 03″
I do not find the need to constantly reapply when I wear these. Some lip balms I have found to be “addictive” not because they are so yummy and moisturizing, but because they contain drying ingredients that cause you to constantly crave what little moisture they provide. Not the case with these. Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalms contain a non-drying formula consisting of castor oil.
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm in “Caribbean Sunrise 04″
Whenever I hear that something contains castor oil, it always makes me think of people who use it as an old school home remedy for constipation. However, if you look at the science behind it, that explains why Essence Cosmetics chose to use this as their base ingredient in the Kiss Care Love Lipbalm formula. Castor oil is a vegetable oil that is derived from the castor bean. See? That’s not so bad is it?
If you are a fan of Maybelline’s “Baby Lips” (as I am), I recommend that you take a look at these. Cute, tasty, moisturizing and affordable!
Essence Kiss Care Love Lipbalm retails at $1.99. It is available at HEB, Fred Meyer, Ulta and Ulta.com.
Have you tried this? What was your experience? I would love to hear from you. Please comment and subscribe!
Eat healthy. Drink lots of water and gets lots of sleep.
Heather N King
THIS IS NOT A SPONSORED POST. I HAVE PURCHASED EVERYTHING DISCUSSED IN THE BLOG POST USING MY OWN FUNDS.
60s Mod Look Makeup Tutorial
Who is Twiggy?: http://twiggylawson.co.uk/
Who is Edie Sedgwick?: http://bit.ly/Vkf5bg
Items used in this tutorial:
– Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation: http://bit.ly/WoZ2Ma
– Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush: http://bit.ly/114ZWww
– Urban Decay Good Karma Shadow Brush: http://bit.ly/1151FC4
– Lorac Behind the Scenes Eye Primer: http://bit.ly/11BT7ps
– Lorac PRO Palette Eye Shadow: http://bit.ly/UgO3Sc
– Real Techniques Pixel Point Eyeliner Brush (Starter Kit): http://bit.ly/WMawWe
– Stila Cosmetics #4 Precision Eyeliner Brush: http://bit.ly/Wp3t9O
– Essence Gel Eye Liner “Midnight in Paris 01″: http://bit.ly/Uqdt3h
– Essence Get Big Lashes Waterproof Mascara: http://bit.ly/Sf5wJF
– False Lashes 747L: http://bit.ly/1154O4O
– Duo Eyelash Adhesive in Dark Tone: http://bit.ly/125SZQT
– Maybelline Baby Lips Lip Balm in “Peppermint”: http://bit.ly/1156OKh
This is not a sponsored video. I have purchased everything using my own funds.
Daily Makeup Routine for January 2013
– Urban Decay Naked Skin WEIGHTLESS ULTRA DEFINITION LIQUID MAKEUP in 7.0: http://bit.ly/TQCSC2
– Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in “Greed”: http://bit.ly/WM9auI
– Urban Decay Good Karma Optical Blurring Brush: http://bit.ly/TQD3Nt
– Urban Decay Build Your Own Palette: http://bit.ly/V2uvmE
– Urban Decay Eyeshadows in “Half Baked”, “Twiced Baked”, and “Oil Slick”: http://bit.ly/13pjM8R
– Real Techniques Starter Kit: http://bit.ly/WMawWe
– Lorac PRO Cream Eyeliner in “Black”: http://bit.ly/X6ii2Y
– Urban Decay 24/7 Double-Ended Eye Pencil Set in “Zero”: http://bit.ly/13pkzqq
– Essence Get BIG Lashes Volume Boost Waterproof Mascara: http://bit.ly/Sf5wJF
– Essence Eyebrow Stylist Set: http://bit.ly/TQEFqt
– Benefit Perk-Up Artist: http://bit.ly/S0lkBU
– Benefit Fine-One-One: http://bit.ly/QDAxK4
– Wet N Wild Color Icon Lipliner in “Willow”: http://bit.ly/TQFe3E
– Sleek Makeup Face Contour Kit in “Medium”: http://bit.ly/WMdREL
– Real Techniques Expert Face Brush: http://bit.ly/UE2PR6
– Real Techniques Core Collection: http://bit.ly/TQFvnl
– Rimmel Lasting Finish Matte Lipstick by Kate in “105″
This is not a sponsored video.