Murad Clarifying Wipes
I am a magnet for blemishes on my chest and shoulders. Murad Clarifying Wipes are the answer to my skin care prayers! Dr. Murad has always formulated his acne-fighting products with gentle yet effective ingredients. Your skin will not look red, feel irritated or dried out. Instead these wipes will reduce shine, minimize pores, reduce oil and kill bacteria.
Although this is ideally used on the face, this is great for people who are blemish-prone on other areas of their body. Are you the type who breaks out on their shoulders from sweating it out at the gym? Murad Clarifying Wipes are super convenient! You can keep them in your (gym) bag and take them everywhere with you.
I love the ingredients:
- Witch hazel minimized pores and controls oil
- Algae extract slows down excess sebum production
- Antioxidant grape seed extract and vitamin E protect against free radicals
- Cucumber extract to sooth the skin
- Lemon extract to brighten the complexion
This combination of ingredients removes dirt and oil, kills bacteria leaving your skin toned and balanced. The seal on this package is excellent. There are 30 sheets in each packet of Murad Clarifying Wipes. After 30 days the pre-moistened sheets stayed just as moist as when I first opened them. No sign of drying up. The price is not bad either – $18 for a 30-day supply (or 15-day supply if you use it morning and night). If you are using these as part of your skin care routine, I recommend washing your face first with your usual cleanser. Follow with one of the clarifying wipes (avoid eye area). Do NOT rinse! Follow with serums, treatments and moisturizer as per your usual routine.
Although Murad is a cosmeceutical line, they formulate their products without harsh, irritating ingredients such as:
- synthetic fragrances
Have you tried this product? I would love to hear your about your experiences, tips or opinions. Please subscribe and leave comments.
H2O Plus Total Source Night Cream
If you are looking for a lightweight, anti-aging, antioxidant, oil-free night cream, H2o Plus Total Source Night Cream will be right up your alley. This new night cream not only moisturizes and firms but it reduces pore size and is never greasy.
If you have never heard of H20 Plus (H2o+), you are missing out. This is one of my absolute favorite skin care companies. I even had the fortune of working as a skin care consultant in one of their hard-to-find stores in the Beverly Center (Los Angeles, CA) back in 2004 – 2005. The location of this store is now defunct but you can order from them online at H2Oplus.com. If you prefer an instore experience, Ulta also carries their line.
What sets H2O Plus (H2o+) apart from other skin care lines is their formulation. All of their skin care and body care is water-based (oftentimes oil-free), vitamin-infused and contain super hydrating marine botanicals such as seaweed.
I am super excited about their newest product: H2o Plus Total Source Night Cream! Here’s what’s on the label:
- Antioxidant-rich Rooibos contains a powerful enzyme that helps reduce wrinkles by neutralizing free radicals
- Chestnut Rose extract helps fight loss of elasticity by stimulating collagen and elastin production
- Seaweed extract increases firmness and restores elasticity
- Sea-sourced Pearl extract uses a potent blend of amino acids and minerals to promote and accelerate cell renewal and restore moisture balance
- Brightening yarrow extract helps diminish dark spots and discoloration to restore radiance
- Dermatologist tested
This skin care company always backs up their claims with clinical testing. Here are the results:
- 92% of women experienced increased hydration
- 72% of women experienced improved firmness
- 71% of women experienced improved brightness
- 67% of women experienced improved elasticity
If anyone has tried this product, I would love to hear about your experience and opinions. Please leave comments!